Scope & Topics
Information systems can be defined as the software and hardware systems which facilitate data-intensive processing. International Journal of Applied Information Systems (IJAIS) publishes research articles with a focus on design, implementation and maintenance of data models, process models, algorithms, software and hardware, languages for information systems.
Subject areas include data management issues as presented in the principal international database conferences (e.g. ACM SIGMOD, ACM PODS, VLDB, ICDE and ICDT/EDBT) as well as data-related issues from the fields of scientific computing, visual and audio information systems, web semantics, internet, cloud data management, information retrieval, data mining, organisational behaviour et. cetera. Implementation papers having to do with massively parallel data management, fault tolerance in practice, and special purpose hardware for data-intensive systems are also welcome.
All papers should motivate the problems they address with compelling examples from real or potential applications. Systems papers must be serious about experimentation either on real systems or simulations based on traces from real systems. Papers from industrial organisations are welcome.
Theoretical papers should have a clear motivation from applications. They should either break significant new ground or unify and extend existing algorithms. Such papers should clearly state which ideas have potentially wide applicability.
Technical results should be explained in a uniform notation with the emphasis on clarity and on ideas that may have applications outside of the environment of that research. Particularly complex details may be summarized with references to previously published papers.
Apart from "Information Systems", IJAIS also invites papers from the following domains:
- Intelligent Information & Database Systems
- Algorithms and Bioinformatics
- Computer Architecture and Real time Systems
- Database and Data Mining
- Dependable, reliable and autonomic computing
- Distributed and parallel systems & algorithms
- DSP/Image Processing/Pattern Recognition/Multimedia
- Embedded system and software
- Game and software engineering
- Geographical Information Systems/ Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GIS/GNSS)
- Grid and scalable computing
- Mobile and ubiquitous computing
- Modeling and Simulation
- Multimedia systems and services
- Networking and communications
- Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Security and Information Assurance
- Soft Computing (AI, Neural Networks, Fuzzy Systems, etc.)
- Software Engineering
- Web and internet computing