FCS Research Grant
The FCS research grant is a scientific research fund awarded primarily to highly qualified PhD candidates who are early in their academic/professional careers or to individuals wishing to earn a doctoral degree. Funding may also be granted to recent PhDs who would like to conduct research on domains which are covered in the Foundation of Computer Science Charter.
The FCS research program is introduced to help scientists, researchers and academicians to take up active Research & Development activities. The fund is meant to help researchers to extend their track records while competing for US federal government research grants at a later stage. We understand the importance of previous grant history when it comes to application of federal or government or accredited university research grants. The FCS grants will assist you to become eligible for such research grant pools.
- Applicants must be a full-time academician enrolled in an accredited institution.
- PhD Candidates applying for short-term grants (one to six months) should have ABD status by the time of application, but no more than four years before applying. Those applying for long-term grants (seven to 10 months) should have reached ABD status by the time of the grant period, but no more than four years before applying.
- Post Docs applying for short-term grants (one to six months) should have completed their degrees no longer than four years before the time of application. Those applying for long-term grants (seven to 10 months) should have completed their degrees no longer than two years before the time of application. Candidates who have completed their Masters’ degree must have at least two years of teaching experience in the domain of their expertise. The institution must be a reputed institution recognized by the federal union government of their domicile country.
- The candidate will be asked to furnish the mark sheets of the last highest degree earned either as an e-copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or a photo-copy to the Foundation of Computer Science, 244 5th Avenue, # 1526, New York, NY 10001, USA. An e-copy is the preferred means for faster response.
- The advisory panel of FCS reserves the right to reject any application without giving sufficient reasons. An application rejected cannot re-apply for 6 months after which the applicant is eligible to re-apply to the grant program.
Terms of Award
- The candidate accepted for the grant program must volunteer to organize a special issue on behalf of Foundation of Computer Science, USA.
- The paper originating from the research must have proper acknowledgement to the Research Grant awarded by Foundation of Computer Science, USA. At the end of the research, a summary of the research with the experimental data must be submitted with FCS. FCS shall reserve the rights to publish the same and include the breakthroughs in the academic databases; in a way mutually agreed upon by the both FCS and the researcher concerned.
- The researcher must provide FCS USA bi-monthly progress report of the research developments in case the gestation period is more than three months. If not, the detailed report should be submitted on completion of the research.